There are new Terms of Service, which will be effective since 1st of April, 2017. You can read it here.
Last updated: January 20, 2015
1. Acceptance of terms
Please read these Terms of Service ("Terms", "Terms of Service") carefully before using the Avocode.com website (the "Service”), and all services of Avocode operated by Piffle LLC ("us", "we", or "our").
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 15 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use our Service after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, please stop using the Service.
3. Governing law
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Delaware United States, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have between us regarding the Service.
4. General conditions
- All rights, title and interest in and to the Service and its components will remain with and belong exclusively to Piffle LLC. You shall not display, distribute, perform, publish, reproduce, duplicate, copy, create derivative works from, modify, sublicense, sell, resell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, time share or otherwise make the Service available to any third party. You shall comply with any codes of conduct, policies or other notices we provide you or publishes in connection with the Service, and you shall promptly notify us if you learn of a security breach related to the Service.
- You are solely responsible for all content that you upload, post, deliver, publish, provide or otherwise link, transmit or store (hereafter "post(ing)") in connection with or relating to the Service ("Your Content"). We reserve the right to access your account in order to respond to your requests for technical support.
- You understand that the operation of the Service, including Your Content, may be unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices; and (c) transmission to Avocode's third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to operate and maintain the Service. Accordingly, you acknowledge that you bear sole responsibility for adequate security, protection and backup of Your Content. We will have no liability to you for any unauthorized access or use of any of Your Content, or any corruption, deletion, destruction or loss of any of Your Content.
- We reserve the right to use your name and/or company name as a reference for marketing or promotional purposes on the Avocode website and in other communication with our existing or our potential customers. To decline providing us with this right, you need to email firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you do not wish to be used as a reference.
When you create an account with us, you must provide us information that is accurate, complete, and current at all times. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of the Terms, which may result in immediate termination of your account on our Service.
You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Service and for any activities or actions under your password, whether your password is with our Service or a third-party service.
You agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You must notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
6. Payment & fees
To the extent the Service or any portion thereof is made available for any fee, you will be required to select a payment plan and provide us information regarding your credit card or other payment instrument. You represent and warrant to us that such information is true and that you are authorized to use the payment instrument. You will promptly update your account information with any changes (for example, a change in your billing address or credit card expiration date) that may occur. You agree to pay us the amount that is specified in the payment plan in accordance with the terms of such plan and these Terms. You hereby authorize us to bill your payment instrument in advance on a periodic basis in accordance with the applicable payment plan until you terminate your account, and you further agree to pay any charges so incurred. If you dispute any charges you must let us know within sixty (60) days after the date that we bill you. We reserve the right to change our prices. If we do, we will provide notice of the change on the Site or in email to you. Your continued use of the Service after the price change becomes effective constitutes your agreement to pay the changed amount.
8. Refund / Chargeback policies
We will not, under any circumstances, issue cash refunds for early plan cancellation. If you have a question about charges made to your account, please contact us immediately. If the charges were made in error, we will credit your account or credit card account for the appropriate amount. We have a zero tolerance policy for chargebacks. Any customer who disputes a credit card payment that is found to be valid will be permanently banned from use of the Service. Any past due fees and costs may result in restriction to access the Service.
9. No warranties and representation
The Service, including the Site and Content, and all server and network components are provided on an “as is” and “as available”. We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, beyond the Refund, express or implied, including without limitation any warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or bailment of your data on our servers. You also acknowledge that we do not warrant that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, error-free or virus-free, nor does it make any warranty as to the results that may by obtained from use of the Service, and no information, advice or services obtained by you from us or through the Service shall create any warranty not expressly stated in these Terms.
10. Links to other websites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Piffle LLC.
We have no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Piffle LLC shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit.
We may terminate or suspend your account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms.
Upon termination, your right to use the Service will immediately cease and you will loose all data related to your account. If you wish to terminate your account, you can contact us to do it.
All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
12. Limitation of liability
In no event shall Piffle LLC be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages (including but not limited to loss of use, loss of profits, or loss of data) whether in an action in contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence), equity or otherwise, arising out of or in any way connected with the use of or inability to use this site or the materials therein or resulting from unauthorized access to or alteration of data.
13. Intellectual property
This agreement does not grant us any right to your content or the intellectual property rights.
You acknowledge that we own all right, title and interest in and to the Service, including without limitation all intellectual property rights, and such rights are protected by U.S. and international intellectual property laws. You agree that you will not copy, reproduce, alter, modify, or create derivative works from the Service.